We are highly experienced in the Hospitality industry, and the list of recent mandates in the field we have received includes:
- Advising Airbnb Ireland Ltd. on various tax issues, including short-term letting, invoicing outsourcing options, and reverse-charge requirements under Bulgarian VAT rules.
- Advising Booking.com on data-privacy, GDPR-compliance, and Bulgarian-VAT matters, and assisting it with the implementation of marketing practices, including a mobile-phone application and web-based infrastructure.
- Advising Global Management Corporation on its indirect acquisition of the company owning the rights to a financial lease on Sofia Radisson Blu, a landmark hotel in the city of Sofia.
- Representing Turkish Airlines in relation to numerous insurance-cargo claims and passenger claims for compensation and assistance in the event of denied boarding, cancellation, or long delay of flights.
- Representing Wizz Air Hungary Kft. in a trademark prosecution matter.
- Advising Kempinski Hotels S.A on the establishment of wholly-owned subsidiaries and representative offices in Bulgaria and on the tax implications of the management structure of the Kempinski Hotel Zografski Sofia.
- Reviewing draft agreements, including a draft Management Agreement, on behalf of Marriott International, Inc., relating to the management of a Marriott hotel in Bulgaria.
- Assisting Hilton Hotels with a Bulgarian legal and tax review of its standard Franchise License Agreement prior to entering into it with a Bulgarian franchisee and with regard to the management agreement for Bansko Resort & Spa.
- Assisting Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts with trademark-enforcement matters.
- Representing Thracian Cliffs Golf & SPA Resort EAD in a tax dispute with the National Revenue Agency in Bulgaria’s Supreme Administrative Court.
- Providing full-scope legal services to Interhotel Grand Hotel Sofia on an ongoing basis with regard to its day-to-day activities.