Ivan Punev is a Senior Associate at DGKV and a leading member of the General Corporate, M&A and Taxation Practices. Ivan specializes in corporate, M&A and tax areas, as well as in commercial transactions, employment and social security law, litigation, etc. Ivan advises domestic and international key clients of the law firm of various industries on:
- corporate structuring, incorporation, management and dissolution of companies and other forms of corporate presence in Bulgaria
- mergers, acquisitions and other forms of corporate restructuring
- implementation of share option schemes and similar incentive programs
- management contracts, confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- tax structuring and analysis of Bulgarian tax implications of various transactions and operations
- Bulgarian tax laws, regulations and case law
- employment matters related to the client’s operations in Bulgaria, including drafting of labour agreements, collective dismissal and settlement agreement documentation, salary and pension, health and safety at work, secondment, etc.
- establishment, registration and operation of employment intermediaries (including temporary work agencies), etc.
Involvement in recent epresentative projects:
- Advised British American Tobacco on the EUR 100 mln acquisition of certain assets of Bulgartabac Holding.
- Advised CallPoint New Europe (d/b/a TELUS INTERNATIONAL EUROPE) with respect to various corporate matters and tax clearance advice and assistance with respect to the tax aspects of a potential restructuring of its group.
- Advises LabCorp/Covance, Inc. on employment matters with respect to their Bulgarian establishments.
- Advised the Bulgarian start-up Nasekomo AD, an AgTech company producing an alternative protein from insect for animal feed, on signing the largest publicly announced early stage AgTech deal in Emerging Europe.