Recent matters DGKV’s Employment team has worked on include:
- Providing strategic employment-law advice to Accenture and its Bulgarian group companies on matters such as remote working, flexible work hours, posting of employees and equal treatment, disciplinary cases, benefit structures, cross-border secondments of employees, the implementation of various policies, the permissibility of electronic exchange of communication with employees, trainings and qualifications, personal data-privacy issues, transaction-related employment aspects, and more.
- Advising Cognyte (formerly Verint Cyber Intelligence) on Bulgarian law on matters such as redundancy and re-organizations, visa procedures and immigration law, flexible working regimes, and incentive mechanisms for employees, as well as providing assistance with management terminations and with the imposition of disciplinary sanctions, performing a compliance review of employment documentation, and offering pre-litigation advice.
- Advising LabCorp/Covance, Inc. on multiple employment matters involving their Bulgarian establishments.
- Advising AbbVie on Bulgarian employment-law aspects of certain corporate projects in Bulgaria.
- Advising Coca-Cola HBC Bulgaria on employment matters related to its outsourced service operations in Bulgaria.
- Advising Booking.com on an array of legal matters related to the downsizing of its Bulgarian establishment, including the termination of Bulgarian employees, statutory indemnity rights, and applicable protections.
- Advising Playtech’s Bulgarian group companies on a variety of employment topics, including its employment structures and employment relations in terms of data-privacy restrictions, immigration and other implications linked to Brexit, and the company’s foreign personnel, as well as helping set home office rules and offering pre-litigation advice.
- Helping Remote Europe Holdings BV set up its Bulgarian operations as a licensed temporary-work agency and structure its relations with its own and temporary employees and relations with client-user undertakings, helping implement statutorily mandated internal rules and processes linked to employment, and assisting with the preparation of a variety of employment documents such as employment contract templates and termination instruments, among others.
- Advising Mango Bulgaria EOOD on COVID-19-necessitated employment measures and assisting with their implementation, as well as litigating governmental acts on employment-preservation-support programs.
- Advising Turkish Airlines on employment matters such as labor disputes, assisting with the preparation of management agreements with local representatives, performing a compliance review of employment documentation, assisting with the imposition of disciplinary sanctions, with visa procedures, and with immigration law.
- Advising Amazon UK Services Ltd. on a number of employment-law-related matters including the Bulgarian-law implications of TUPE/Acquired Rights Directive transactions and on newly introduced or contemplated regulatory changes in the field of labor, and providing overviews of the categories of individuals allowed to work in Bulgaria, among other things.
- Providing advice to Woodward IDS Bulgaria on its carrying-out of an economic-based downsizing of personnel, its provision of compensation to employees, its preparation of proper tools for employee-training and qualification courses, its implementation of internal employment policies and collective redundancy schemes, as well as assisting with data-privacy compliance in the workplace and the settling of individual labor disputes, among other things.